Saturday, April 30, 2011

I missed my post for 17 weeks and I don't want to get too far behind, so I better update now while I'm thinking of it! Time has flown by!! And a lot has seemed to have happened! So here are some of the updates of what has been going on!

First off, two very exciting things happened! On Tuesday we found out that our sweet little babe is a.....GIRL!
I am so stinkin excited!
The next big thing that happened was that I actually for the first time felt her move! But what it even more exciting than that, is Spencer felt her for the first time, the same time I did! It was such an exciting thing to feel my little one move!!!

Now here are some fun facts according to my phone apps as to what is going on...

Baby:
  • Is Six inches long (from crown to rump) and about eight ounces!
  • Arms and legs are finally in proportion, neurons are now connected between the brain and muscles, and cartilage throughout the body is turning to bone. All these upgrades combine to give your baby more control over limb movements.
  •  Baby is getting a cheesy varnish called vernix caseosa, a protective layer, basically to protect them from all that amniotic fluid

Mommy:
  • I am starting to show a lot more! On Easter Sunday my Family was commenting on how I was starting to 'kind of' show, then on thursday My mom was commenting on how much bigger I am getting even just from Sunday! So I'm starting to actually look pregnant!
  • I have been feeling tons better! Hardly any headaches, and the ones I do get don't last all day or make me sick. Thank goodness!
  • Like I said previously, I felt movements, finally, and have been able to distinguish them a little better lately. She seems to be more active at night though... (uh oh)
Well that is pretty much my updates so far! We have another appointment in about a month, as well as the full on ultrasound, where we get lots of pictures! :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry if she's active at night! She's used to your movement/rocking keeping her asleep during the day, so when you finally quit moving, it wakes her up. Sebastian was the same way and now at 3-months-old he sleeps through the night. =)

    ReplyDelete